Arbing on secondary markets – is this the future of sports arbitrage?
Sports arbitrage activity reached its plateau long ago due to a number of reasons including great competition, increased limitation and general bookmaker’s hunting attitude towards arbers. Countermeasure to this is certainly live-arbitrage betting. This article explores if arbing secondary markets constitutes as one another current sports-arbitrage real and profitable option.
Secondary markets – what is that?
Whereas primary markets are these most popular betting markets and types (over/under, asian handicap markets, 1X2 markets) we might define secondary markets as:
- Corners markets (total corners, corners handicaps, 1X2 in corners, corners market for 1st half, first corner markets)
- Secondary over/under lines (e.g over/under 0.5, 1.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, etc)
- Secondary handicap markets (e.g handicap -2.5, -3.5 etc)
- Bookings markets (yellow/red cards count, handicap in cards)
- Penalty taken markets
- First/last goalscorer
- Team to advance
- Correct score markets
Secondary markets – why this is more profitable compared to primary markets when arbing?
Most importantly secondary markets are not covered by most of the alert services (if not by all of them). The reason for that is simple – these markets are not commonly covered by most of bookmakers and they are sort of unique (offered only for games during major competitions), thus again alert services do not include them in the coverage. Theoretically it would be possible but would require too much work. Lack of this coverage means for you that the lines hold for longer time – one needs to spot the line and exploit it manually. In practice not many people do that.
Secondary markets – suggested bookmakers
And many others – explore yourself and find your niche!
We recommend OddStorm.com as a currently best service for in-play sports arbitrage experience. Please their review here.
Please rate this
- Lesson 01 – Where to start placing arbitrage bet?
Well, the answer is as in many cases — “it...
- Lesson 02 – Bookmakers and Moneybookers accounts currencies
Sports arbitrage profit (on one arbitrage) is rarely...
- Bet24 changes policy and excludes most players from betting
Effective today Bet24 closes service for most players...
- Lesson 03 – What is the best day for arbing?
This is quite common question, asked by people who...
- Surebet Calculator – useful tool for free
There is a small backup product release today. We would...