Chapter 01 – The Enlightenment
More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren’t so busy denying themHarold J. Smith
– That was a long night in that club mate, no doubt about that.
– Long but productive. At least for me.
– Perhaps. Never had that much luck with guys :P.
– Anyway, no bullshit dude, breakfast is on the table, so move your ass and join me, the coffee is already cold.
– Damn, my head is still mixing drinks on some other planet. Hey, what was that song, when I approached that girl, Jenny was here name? OK, screw it, screw the coffee. I need a water now.
– You are such a pussy.
– F*** off.
– Common, she was really hot, wasn’t she?
– Yeah, whatever. Wake up.
– I need a shower.
15 minutes later… Fine, half an hour….
– Aghm, I just realized that we both lost 50 EUR yesterday on that damned game.
– Bad luck mate, that was just bad luck, we will win next time, 100%.
– I am telling you dude, one cannot lose all the time right? You have seen that ref, he printed out the result. One cannot predict that, can one?
– Agreed, but you remember – we also lost the previous coupon, and as far as I remember the one before too…
– C’mon! Do not forget that you won 1 000 EUR last year on that amazing 8-fold parlay, it surely covers up all the losses.
– Yeaah, nope…. dude, not at all. We are betting 50 EUR each weekend and since then we never won a bet, fuck it’s like we lost 2 500 EUR each.
– No way! I also won one slip like 6 months ago or so. It was 800 EUR in winnings, I remember it very well, it made my weekend.
– Mate, do the maths – I won one coupon this year for 1 000 EUR, you pretty much the same with 800 EUR winnings. And we bet 50 EUR each Saturday. This makes 2 500 EUR/year in stake for every one of us. We are well behind dude. It is like each of us lost 1 500 EUR this year. Put it in other words, we could have been on vacation for 4 weeks last year each.
– Bull shit dude. We bet well, you know that. You miscalculated that. Anyway, really let’s just finish up that breakfast, would you like another coffee?
– I am sick of that.
– Of what? What are you talking about now?
– Of this losing when betting pal, just open your eyes, we are going through it every weekend.
– You are exaggerating, I am telling you this is just bad luck and things will change in time. By the way I had a look on the offer in the morning. There are some hot favorites for today, lets pick some nice matches…
– Stop that, I am off.
– No way you are giving up? Common, you can’t allow the bookies to beat you, don’t be such a dickhead. Fight your cash back.
– Cant you see it? This does not work, we are losing money mate.
– Where is your faith?
– It is not about faith, it is about facts. By the way – do you know Jack?
– Nope, who is he?
– You remember Tim? We have been watching a game together at his place last month?
– Sure I do. His coffee-machine is so awesome, this latte-macchiato he served in the morning saved my day.
– Right, anyway dude, Jack is his friend from the University. There is a rumor that he makes some real money on sports betting. I gonna call him and have a chat perhaps.
– What for? I thought you are straight?!
– Basically to find if that’s true, what they say about him and his betting records. And if that’s true I want to learn and take my revenge on bookies.
– You are wasting your time man. You better spend it on better analysis of next premiership round and come up with some nice picks.
– I made my decision. Are you with me?
– You know I am always with you dude, but here I do not have time for some small-talks with strangers. No offence, but now – I am into stats and you will see – I will win my bet tomorrow.
– Yeah, good luck. You will need it. I am to meet Jack.
– Have a nice date, enjoy.
Naming the issue (also the gambling one) is always the first step on the way to resolving it.
Most of the gamblers are not aware that they are losing money when betting in the long run.
The other part denies the problem.
Would you meet the “winning guy” or dig into the analysis?
Calculate how much you lost this year when betting. No excuses such as bad luck or so – just calculate. Be honest, anyway if you would like to cheat, you cheat on yourself.
How much? If you like, comment it.
Next chapter to follow:
Please rate this
- Lesson 01 – Where to start placing arbitrage bet?
Well, the answer is as in many cases — “it...
- Lesson 02 – Bookmakers and Moneybookers accounts currencies
Sports arbitrage profit (on one arbitrage) is rarely...
- Bet24 changes policy and excludes most players from betting
Effective today Bet24 closes service for most players...
- Lesson 03 – What is the best day for arbing?
This is quite common question, asked by people who...
- Surebet Calculator – useful tool for free
There is a small backup product release today. We would...