Prologue to Turning PRO in gambling – The Loser
When you lose, don’t lose the lessonDali Lama
Perhaps you could now easily imagine yourself sitting comfortable in front of your 50 inch brand new LED TV, drinking up third round of your favourite drink, being it whiskey-cola, pina-colada, straight vodka or beer – whatever. The thing that really matters now is that you have placed well-selected, perfect parlay (4-fold) for 50 EUR and you are just about to watch your beloved team X playing against some underdog suckers. Being it the first game to be settled on the coupon you are totally convinced it should be an easy and smooth start on the way to win the whole bet. The emotions are warming you up, the blood circulates faster in your veins when you get the phone call.
– All right, not now sweetheart, call later, I am watching the game – you quickly farewell with your GF and hang up. With the players coming to the field it is the high time for the action to begin, so knowing your two friends – (who also placed their bets on Team X) might need them – you bring another couple of beers to the table, just to hear together the first whistle of the game.
Team X – league leader has to win the game with the very last squad in the table. The fact is that the odds for the favourites to win were mere 1,20, but combined with 3 other games it all gave healthy 2,05. Easy double up, easy money, you double-explain to your pals, when the game starts.
And everything goes smoothly and predictable until 34th minute when, playing home, team X already with healthy 2-0 lead (celebrated with four more shots of vodka each) loses the key defender carded-out (you would bet another half a million bucks there was no foul in the field) and the penalty goal. 2-1 is the halftime result and your team is about to play 10 against 11 for entire 2nd half – definitely not the scenario you wanted.
– Should had been a f*** easy game – you curse up laud on your way to the fridge for another beer. This damned 1,20 was not worth all this stress, this cursed referee printed out that goal, common! – you add kicking out the chair on the way.
– Mate, the 2nd half just started and you would not believe what have just happened – you hear one of your friend yelling nervously from the room nearby. Once you come in you see 2-2 on the scoreboard and the away team cheering.
– It is f***** impossible you shout and start to check your coupon. They have not lost a game for an entire season, what on earth happens here?! – you fire the question (as if there was anyone in the room to provide an answer). Your dudes look even more depressed counting the losses after the final whistle with the game ended 2-2.
Do you think the described above scenario is hypothetical?
We both know it is not. It happened to all of us one day. What makes the major difference between gamblers /apart from bets selection/ is what they do afterwards.
Let’s imagine that we are at your place together, this game truly ends 2-2 and we lose 50 EUR each. What do we do?
-  We drink another couple of drinks and go to sleep
-  We go to sleep
-  We go party
-  We parlay another 3 games to cover up the losses with 100 EUR stake
-  We bet something live to fight our cash back straight away
-  We call your mum for money
-  Perhaps there are some other options, you may leave the comment to list them 😛
Some of the more experienced players perhaps know that the situation described above is the most dangerous to the bettors. The combination of some promiles in the veins and freshly/unexpectedly lost money makes together truly a deadly mixture.
This might cause serious trouble. This often does.
Whereas the correct answer to the question raised above is calling a taxi and going for a party (perhaps if you are not that adventurous few more drinks and good movie would also do) most of the losing gamblers would choose option 4 or 5.
That is where the real damage to the players is done (and a real profit to the bookmakers) and it is essential to change such habits in order to become a betting PRO.
This might tough be extremely difficult when you are alone. But you are not.
Good that you are here mate, reading this. Now we may work on that and improve it together.
Look – it is your money after all. There is nothing wrong in spending your hard-earned cash on a bowling round, football game, lottery coupon, some flowers, betting slip, whatever. You decide. Provided you choose betting slip we may come up with some advises, how to do it in a smart way.
The first thing, which matters and will drive you when reading this series of articles are your expectations (do you want to win when betting in a long run, or you just need a quick boost to your emotions, when watching the game/checking the results)?
Answer that question now. Yes. Now.
Would you like to bet for fun and that’s it? No expectations? Really?
All right, you decide – so read all of this for fun. Have fun. Enjoy.
Do you want to bet for serious?
Earn cash on betting every month and buy new car, new TV, pay for your holidays this year or get decent betting pay check every month?
Cool. It is truly possible and we can learn together what is needed to achieve that goal.
We will have some talks regarding yourself – your expectations, planning, objective, time and budget management, risk acceptance, emotions and the change. Yes, as true friends we need to know where we stand to start our walk towards success right?
Well, later we shall have a chat about selection of bets and long-run profit.
All right, enough of talking, let’s go mate. Call that bloody taxi. It is enough of action for today. At least of this kind.
Bookmakers are making money.
If someone makes money, someone loses money – this is as simple as 2+2 = 4.
More than 95% of gamblers lose money.
Which option would you choose above (1-7)?
Next chapter to follow:
Please rate this
- Lesson 01 – Where to start placing arbitrage bet?
Well, the answer is as in many cases — “it...
- Lesson 02 – Bookmakers and Moneybookers accounts currencies
Sports arbitrage profit (on one arbitrage) is rarely...
- Bet24 changes policy and excludes most players from betting
Effective today Bet24 closes service for most players...
- Lesson 03 – What is the best day for arbing?
This is quite common question, asked by people who...
- Surebet Calculator – useful tool for free
There is a small backup product release today. We would...