Lesson 13 – Verification of the account at bookmakers
Almost every bookmaker will need to verify your account - this action usually is performed once and is...
Almost every bookmaker will need to verify your account – this action usually is performed once and is executed when you apply for your first withdrawal. After positive verification procedure most bookmakers will not undertake consecutive ones meaning, no action from you will be required when withdrawing funds thereafter.
Which documents bookmaker may require from you?
- ID Proof
- Address verification document (utility bill, preferably not older than 3 months)
- Second ID Proof
- Bank statement/Moneybookers statement/Credit card statement (depeneding on option you used to fund your account)
Why Bookmakers perform verification procedures?
- because they are obligied by law to check, whether you are more than 18 years of age
- because they want to check, whether you are who you say you are (or at least has this person’s papers)
- because of the internal procedures
If you fail to verify your player`s account bookmaker retains usually right to reject your withdrawal and to keep your winnings by voiding them (pity, it does not work in this way if you lose). However your initial deposit should be secure and should be returned to “you”.
While arbing you usually deposit decent amount of money to . Thats why we strongly suggest to make first deposit to bookmakers rather small, like 100 USD. Then you might wish to place any kind of bet using this money (surebet, valuebet, straight bet, combo-bet, whichever), just to wager deposit and ask for a withdrawal.
By performing such procedure you will neither freeze considerable amount of money in bookmaker waiting for effect of verification, nor feel insecure.
There are however nowadays few bookmakers which do not ask for documents and do not perform this verification procedure like: